Perforated Sheets: Holes, Patterns, Pitches and Open Areas
Perforated sheets can be punched to a variety of different hole patterns, which change according to the size of the hole and the distance between them (the pitch).
This article provides a guide to the different hole patterns available to you and how to calculate their open areas as a percentage.
Types of Hole Shapes
The most popular types of hole shapes are:
Slot and rectangular holes derive from 'pulling' sheets of round or square perforated patterns.
Calculating Open Areas
Changing the size of the holes or the pitch will result in a larger or smaller open area.
1) Open area: round holes with a triangular pitch
2) Open area: round holes with a square pitch
3) Open area: square holes with a square pitch
4) Open area: square holes with a staggered pitch
5) Open area: slot holes with a staggered pitch
6) Open area: rectangular holes with a staggered pitch
For more information get in touch with us.